Spikey Massage Ball
Spiky Massage Balls are sometimes described as evil little torture devices. They have become a popular tool for performing self-therapy on many muscle-related conditions and are a convenient way to maximise muscle recovery for many athletes.
- Spiky Balls work on the myo-fascial* system to reduce muscle tension, improve blood flow, increase body awareness and aid in injury prevention and rehabilitation.
- By targeting trigger points, Spiky Balls can reduce pain levels and improve range of motion through specific muscles and subsequently improve joint motion.
*The myo-fascial system refers to the muscle itself as well as its fascia – the thin sheath that wraps around and connects the muscles, bones, nerves and blood vessels.
HOW TO USE YOUR SPIKY BALL
- You can simply sit or lay on your Spiky Massage Ball and you use your body weight to apply pressure to a tight muscle.
- By using pressure and specific movements you can encourage the Spiky Ball to really target those deep trouble-spots and also encourage your muscles to relax.
- DO NOT USE your Spiky Ball if you have a recent injury or trauma which has broken the skin, caused inflammation of a joint, or if you are badly bruised – if in doubt ask your practitioner.